The Irish Athletic Third-level Boxing Association are proud to announce details of the upcoming Irish Boxing Championships for College and University Students at the home of Irish Boxing, the National Stadium.
Venue: National Boxing Stadium, South Circular Road, Dublin 8
Dates: March 5th ,18th,19th and 20th 2016
Entry Weigh-in: Saturday March 5th 2016 at 9:30-11:00 am
All other weigh-ins 8:30-9:30 am
Draw: 11:15 am, Saturday March 5th 2016
Boxing: Contingent on entries, details to be announced after the competition draw.
- Novice & Intermediate: 48Kg, 51Kg, 54Kg, 57Kg, 60Kg, 64Kg, 67Kg, 71Kg, 75Kg, 81Kg, 86Kg, 91Kg and 91+Kg (male & female)
- Senior (Male): 49Kg, 52Kg, 56Kg, 60Kg, 64Kg, 69Kg, 75Kg, 81Kg, 91Kg and 91+Kg
- Senior (Female): 48Kg, 51Kg, 54Kg, 57Kg, 60Kg, 64Kg, 69Kg, 75Kg, 81Kg and 81+Kg
- Competitors must be fully registered and hold a student card for the institution with which they are internally registered for the current academic year.
- Competitors must be pursuing a course of study that leads to an award ranked at a minimum of Level 6 on the Quality and Qualifications Ireland’s (QQI) framework of qualifications, or minimum Level 4 on the Northern Ireland National Qualifications Framework.
- Competitors must be members of the IABA, and members of an affiliated Boxing Club of the IABA.
- Competitors must be over 18 years of age, and under 40 years of age on the first day of competition, Saturday March 5th 2016.
- Competitor Entry fee is €25
- Competitors must produce their boxing medical book and their valid student identification card for the current academic year.
- Entries are subject to vetting and it is a condition of entry that all competitors and officials shall have signed the IABA Waiver / Members Acknowledgement Form.
Important – Entries will only be accepted from third-level institutions’ Sports Officers / Students Services Staff, or from secretaries of recognized third-level boxing clubs. Boxers can only compete with the permission of their academic institutions’ sports officer.
Irish Athletic Third-level Boxing Association (IATBA) Boxing competitions are governed in accordance with the rules and regulations of the International Boxing Association (AIBA). The Official in Charge of the competition will follow the AIBA Open Boxing (AOB) Competition Rules.
Each Competitor presented by his or her Club shall be fit to box. This is the responsibility of the Club.
Competitors must have one red and one blue vest. Coaches must wear tracksuits and trainers at all sessions, and endeavour to set a high standard of hygiene in the corners. Females competitors must wear headguards. Competitors with long hair must keep it contained within the headguard with a hair net or bandanna.
Boxers must present themselves clean shaven for weigh-ins and bouts, and advise details of any medication they are taking, or have taken in the preceding 4 weeks. All body piercings must be removed before attending the weigh-in. Hair clips cannot be used.
Gum Shields: Red or Orange coloured gumshields are forbidden. Any competitor entering the ring with either colour gumshield will not be allowed to box and a walkover to their opponent will be called.
To: Clubs and Sports Officers
For details on how to enter boxers in this tournament, please register your interest by email to email@example.com and information on the entry procedure will be provided.