Guidelines for Registration and Competition at the IATBA Championships
- Registration & Entry Weigh-in: Saturday March 4th 2017 at 9:30-11:00 am in the Ringside Club at the National Stadium
- Teams whom wish to pay outstanding fees may do so at the collection desk.
- Boxer must complete a weigh-in slip with their name and their date of birth.
- Boxer proceeds to the check-in desk and present their student ID card and boxing record book for checking
- Boxer presents their record book and weigh-in slip to the officer running the scales
- Boxer weighs-in
- The draw will take place directly after the close of weigh-in
- Every team/boxer must be present or represented at the weigh-in
- In the case of a boxer being entered into an incorrect category, the boxer or their coach must bring this to the attention of the organising committee during the draw
- Draw sheets and order of bouts for 10 March will be published to the IATBA website; http://www.iatba.ie, as soon as possible after the draw.
- Target start time for boxing is 2pm. The start time will be announced after the draw
- All Novice class boxers and all Female boxers must wear headguards
- Boxers with long hair must keep it contained within the headguard with a hair net or bandanna.
- Boxers must present themselves clean shaven for weigh-ins and bouts, and advise details of any medication they are taking, or have taken in the preceding 4 weeks.
- Novices weigh in on first day and finals day. Boxers in all other categories weigh-in everyday that they box from 8:30-9:30 am.
- Coaches must wear tracksuits and trainers at all sessions, and endeavour to set a high standard of hygiene in the corners.
- All decisions must be accepted in a sporting manner.
- Seconds must collect their boxer’s record book from the top table right after the boxer has lost and the bout has been logged in their record book.
- Questions to the Supervisor’s table are not permitted unless absolutely essential – the top table must be able to concentrate fully on the field of play at all times
- Checking of boxers’ record books by coaches or other boxers is prohibited – record books of boxers will be thoroughly checked by the organising committee to ensure that mismatches do not occur. Safety of all competitors is paramount.
The Irish Athletic Third-level Boxing Association wish all students competing a very successful championships.