The Irish Amateur Third-level Boxing Association (I.A.T.B.A.) are now inviting eligible student boxers to enter the 2014 Irish Third-level Championships.
- St. Saviour’s Olympic Boxing Academy, Dorset Street, Dublin 1 (Opening weigh-in and first day of competition, March 7th)
- National Stadium, South Circular Road, Dublin 8 (all other days of competition)
Dates: March 7th, 8th, 9th
March 15th – Finals
Opening Weigh-in: Friday March 7th at 9:30-11:00 am
All other weigh-ins: 9:00-10:00 am
Draw: 11:15 am Friday March 7th
Boxing: Contingent on entries, details to be announced after the draw.
- Junior Novice (Male): 0-3 bouts and shall not be in boxing earlier than 2013 (3 x 1.5 min rounds)
- Senior Novice (Male): 4-10 bouts and shall be not in boxing earlier than 2011 (3x 2 min rounds)
- Novice (Female): 0-3 bouts and shall be not in boxing earlier than 2011 (3 x 1.5 min rounds)
- Intermediate (Male): 11-25 bouts (3 x 2.5 min rounds)
- Intermediate (Female): 4-10 bouts (3 x 2 min rounds)
- Senior (Male): 25+ bouts (3 x 3 min rounds)
- Senior (Female): 10+ bouts (4 x 2 min rounds)
Note: Re: Novice boxers – Any boxer who has had previous martial arts experience must be brought to the attention of the organizing committee.
- Novice & Intermediate: 48kg, 51kg, 54kg, 57kg, 60kg, 64kg, 67kg, 71kg, 75kg, 81kg, 86kg, 91kg and 91+kg (Male)
- Novice & Intermediate: 48kg, 51kg, 54kg, 57kg, 60kg, 64kg, 67kg, 71kg, 75kg, 81Kg & 81+kg (Female)
- Senior (Male): 49kg, 52kg, 56kg, 60kg, 64kg, 69kg, 75kg, 81kg, 91kg and 91+kg
- Senior (Female): 48Kg, 51Kg, 54Kg, 57Kg, 60Kg, 64Kg, 69Kg, 75Kg, 81Kg and 81+Kg
1. Student boxers must be fully registered and hold a student card for the institution with which they are internally registered for the current academic year. Students must be pursuing a course of study that leads to an award ranked at a minimum of Level 6 on Quality and Qualifications Ireland’s (QQI) National Framework of Qualifications, or minimum Level 3 on the Northern Ireland National Qualifications Framework.
2. Boxers born 1974-1997 inclusive.
- Entry fee is €15 payable at weigh-in
- Boxers must pre-enter by 5pm on Wednesday, March 5th. Boxers who weigh-in on the day are charged €25
- Female boxers must sign a pregnancy declaration form before entering
- Membership Fee: €75/£65 cash or cheque payable to the “Irish Amateur Third-level Boxing Association” must be presented at the first weigh-in, for any third-level institution which has not yet paid for the 2013/14 season
- Boxers must produce their boxing medical book and a valid student identification card for the current academic year
- Novice boxers weigh-in at the initial weigh-in and on the day of the finals. Intermediate and senior boxers weigh-in everyday they compete
Entries will be accepted from third-level institutions Sports Officers/Students Services Staff and from secretaries of third-level boxing clubs. Entries should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org using the entry form that is available to download here. Entries are subject to vetting and it is a condition of entry that all competitors and officials shall have signed the IABA Waiver/Members Acknowledgement Form.
Attention is called to the stipulation in the IABA LTD Rule Book that each boxer presented by his or her club shall be fit to box. This is the responsibility of the Club.
Boxers must present themselves clean shaven and advise details of any medication they are taking or have taken in the preceding 4 weeks.
All body piercings must be removed before attending the weigh-in. The body piercings must not be replaced until after competing.
Hair must be contained within the Head Guard. Hairclips cannot be used. For Females long hair must be contained by either a hair net or a bandana under the headguard.
Facial Hair, beard or moustache, is not permitted under any circumstances.
Boxers must have one red and one blue vest and headguard. Coaches must wear tracksuits and trainers at all sessions and endeavour to set a high standard of hygiene in the corners.
Gum Shields: Red and Orange colours prohibited.