The IATBA Intervarsity Boxing Championships will commence at the National Stadium on Friday evening, 06 March, with 16 quarter-finals contests down for decision.
Friday 06 March Schedule:
Weigh-in: 8am – 9am (Boxers must indicate if they are using this option – no weight allowance at morning weigh-in)
5pm – 6pm (Boxers have an allowance of exactly 1Kg due to an evening weigh-in)
Boxers are requested to state which weigh-in they will attend by email to email@example.com. If no email is forthcoming then the 5pm – 6pm weigh-in is assumed.
Boxers must present their boxing record book at the weigh-in.
Their student ID card must also be presented for checking.
- Target start time for boxing is 7.30pm.
- All Novice class boxers must wear headguards
- Boxers with long hair must keep it contained within the headguard with a hair net or bandanna.
- Boxers must present themselves clean shaven for weigh-ins and bouts, and advise details of any medication they are taking, or have taken in the preceding 4 weeks.
- Coaches must wear tracksuits and trainers at all sessions, and endeavour to set a high standard of hygiene in the corners.
- All decisions must be accepted in a sporting manner.
- Seconds must collect their boxer’s record book from the top table right after the boxer has lost and the bout has been logged in their record book.
- Questions to the Supervisor’s table are not permitted unless absolutely essential – the top table must be able to concentrate fully on the field of play at all times.
- Checking of boxers’ record books by coaches or other boxers is prohibited – record books of boxers will be thoroughly checked by the organising committee to ensure that mismatches do not occur. Safety of all competitors is paramount.