IRISH AMATEUR THIRD-LEVEL BOXING ASSOCIATION (I.A.T.B.A)
National Third-Level Open Intervarsity for Novice, Intermediate and Senior boxers.
Novice Boxer: 0-5 bouts
Intermediate Boxer: 6-15 bouts
Senior Boxer: 15+ bouts
Novice Boxer: 0-3 bouts
Intermediate Boxer: 4-10 bouts
Senior Boxer: 11+ bouts
The IATBA are the only boxing body recognized by CUSAI at third-level in Ireland. These competitions are open to current students in all CUSAI member institutions.
Dates: Sat 23rd, Sun 24th Feb & Fri 1st, Sat 2nd March 2013
Venue: National Boxing Stadium, South Circular Road, Dublin
First Weigh-in: Saturday 23rd 11:30 am-12:30 pm (All boxers must weigh-in each day they box). All weigh-ins take place in the Ringside Club adjoining the National Stadium.
- Boxers must produce their boxing book/card at the initial weigh-in
- Boxers must produce their current valid student card
- Boxers must present clean-shaven at the weigh-in
All entries must be received by 5 pm on Wednesday, Feb 20th, 2013
Entry Fee: €10/boxer
Colleges can pre-enter boxers at their expected weights. Any late entries will incur an increased entry fee of €15. The tournament entry form is available to download (click here). Club secretaries or individual boxers are to email entry forms to their Institution’s Sports Officer (or equivalent), to then be forwarded to email@example.com. Contact information for CUSAI member Sports Officers is available here.
It is the responsibility of each competing institution’s Sports Officer to ensure that each boxer entered meets the following eligibility guidelines:
1. Institutions entering boxers in IATBA organized competitions must be affiliated to the Colleges and Universities Sports Association of Ireland (CUSAI) and to the IATBA for the current academic year.
2. A student must be fully registered and hold a student card for the institution with which they are internally registered for the current academic year. Students must be pursuing a course of study that leads to an award ranked at a minimum of Level 6 on the National Qualification Authority of Ireland framework, or the equivalent Level 4 on the Northern Ireland National Qualifications Framework, or Level C on the Northern Ireland FHEQ.
3. Boxers must be over 17 years of age and under 35 years of age.
The draw will take place following the weigh-in and boxing will commence at the time specified at the weigh-in. Times for boxing on Saturday and Sunday will be made known to the competitors following the draw. Food will be available at a reasonable price in the Ringside Club canteen at the Stadium, throughout the competition.
Attention is drawn to the change in weigh-in time on the first day from the time previously mentioned in the circular on our website. First weigh-in will now be on Saturday from 11:30 am-12:30 pm (to accommodate boxers travelling up long distances on the day). All other details will be dependent on numbers entering.
Weights for all female boxers – 52KG, 54KG, 57KG, 60KG, 63KG, 66KG, 70KG, 75KG, 81KG, 81+KG
Weights for Novice & Intermediate Boxers will be – 48KG, 51KG, 54KG, 57KG, 60KG, 64KG, 67KG, 71KG, 75KG, 81KG, 86KG, 91KG, 91+KG.
Weights for Senior Boxers will be – 49KG, 52KG, 56KG, 60KG, 64KG, 69KG, 75KG, 81KG, 91KG, 91+KG.
Membership Fee: €50 payable to the IATBA at the first weigh-in, for any college who has not paid for 2012/13 (i.e. those institutions not listed here: https://iatba.ie/memberinstitutions/).